This loom knit purse with its burst of bright colors in the yarn. It has beaded tassels and change of color. All this makes it look complex but it is very easy to make. Free step by step video tutorial and Free Pattern.
It can be made with any size circular loom. The pattern is made for a medium size bag but can also be adjusted to fit the loom knit purse you had in mind by just reducing the number of suggested rows.
Feel free to create your version. When you do send me a picture so that I can share it with my friends here at LoomaHat.com …
Well let start with what you’re going to need.
Loom Knit Purse: Materials
Click the image to buy any of the supplies listed here:
Loom Knit Purse : Free Pattern
Note Before Starting:
Only the e-wrap stitch is used for this project
It’s best to use worsted weight yarn – two strands as 1 for a nice tight stitch
Size: My formula for rows using my recommendation of worsted weight yarn and 2 strand – is 4 rows per Inch.
1. Make a (slip) knot. Place it on your anchor peg. ( the lonely peg outside of your loom )
2. (Cast on) Wrap all the pegs twice. This should give you 4 strands per peg.
3. (Knit) With your hook – flip the bottom two strands over and behind the top two. Continue around the whole loom. You will be left with two strands on each peg. You finished 1 row !
Note: After 2 or 3 rows you can release the working yarn from the anchor peg.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have knit 12- 14 rows.
5. Incorporate the floss. Make a slip knot with the floss. Place it on the peg behind and to the right of the anchor peg. You will now be working with 2 strands of yarn and 1 strand of floss.
Note: When one string of floss finishes tie it to one of the strands of yarn and with a new string of floss repeat step 5.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until your desired length for the purse minus 5 rows. We’ll be changing colors on the last five rows.
6. Stop using the floss – time to change colors. When you only have one row of loops on your peg. Grab the next color. Make a slip knot. Put the slip knot on the peg behind and to the right of the anchor peg.
7. Knit 5 rows
8. Close the purse – When you only have 1 row of loops on each peg. Thread a yarn needle with about 6 inches of yarn. With the needle, pull each loop off each peg. Release the hat from the loom. Pull the working yarn to close the hat. Sew the hole closed.
9. Cut three strands of yarn about 4-6 inches longer then twice the size of the purse. Tie a loose knot on one end. Bread the strands. Tie a loose knot on the other end.
10. Figure out where you want you pull-cord to be. With a crochet needle thread the cord through the purse. Be sure to stay on the same line.
11. Add the beads and the tassels.
12. Using a spool loom knit a strap your desired length.
13. Sew the jump rings to the side of the purse
14. Sew the strap to the jump rings.
Loom Knit Purse: The Video